West Fraser is a leading diversified North American forest products company, listed on the TSX. Recognized as one of Canada’s Top 100 Employers and nominated as one of Canada’s Best Employers for Recent Graduates, we are a growing company looking for talented people to be part of our team. Are you interested in working for a company that offers both a challenging work environment and a rewarding career path? Our Ranger Board division near Blue Ridge Alberta has an opportunity for a highly skilled:
3RD CLASS CHIEF STEAM POWER ENGINEER
Reporting to our Production Superintendent, you will be responsible for safe and optimum operation of Ranger Board thermal fluid heaters and boilers.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Providing leadership, direction and supervision to the Production operating crew
- Safety management including orientation, training, worker observations, identifying and correcting safety hazards, accident and near miss investigations, emergency protection systems and site audits
- Ensuring optimum operation of the energy systems
- Operating cost control
- Capital projects
- Contractor management
- Maintenance down day planning
- Reliability management including monitoring oil analysis reports, planning and scheduling maintenance, operator care rounds, lubrication and spare parts management
Preferred candidates will have:
- Proven leadership skills and experience
- A 3rd Class Power Engineering Certificate or a 4th Class Certificate with a willingness to obtain a 3rd class certificate
- Industrial experience preferably including thermal oil
- Strong organizational and communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal and team building skills
- Demonstrated problem solving, troubleshooting and analytical skills
- Desire to progress, learn, grow and succeed
West Fraser offers a comprehensive relocation package to assist your move. West Fraser believes strongly in promoting from within and we are looking for individuals who are interested in a full-time, long-term career. The successful candidate should be interested in future growth opportunities within the company. We offer an excellent compensation package including a competitive wage, excellent benefits and an outstanding pension plan.
The Hamlet of Blue Ridge is a family-friendly community located 20km West of the Town of Mayerthorpe and 20 km East Of the town of Whitecourt in Northwest Alberta. The area offers affordable housing, year-round recreational activities, and outdoor pursuits. Our mill and forest operations form an integral part of the community, providing economic stability to employees and families that live in Blue Ridge and the surrounding areas. See more at whitecourt.ca and mayerthorp.ca
If this position sounds like the career for you, submit your application at www.westfraser.com/jobs click “apply now” in green at the top of the page.
For more information on West Fraser and our current opportunities, visit our website at: www.westfraser.com/jobs
We thank all candidates for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.