Alberta-Pacific Forest Industries Inc. (Al-Pac) is seeking 3 highly motivated, enthusiastic and supportive team players for the role of Operating Technician in the Pulp Finishing Business Unit.
Al-Pac is the largest single-line Kraft pulp producer in North America and we are continuously investigating new and innovative ideas, while delivering premium products in an environmentally sustainable way.
This is a long-term, non-permanent 2-year contract position working on a full-time basis at our mill site location near Athabasca, Alberta. This position rotates between day and night shifts. New hires will be eligible to apply for permanent internal opportunities.
The successful candidate will receive a competitive annual salary including paid pension and matching RRSP program, 4-week’s annual vacation, company paid dental and extended health benefits, and many additional employee incentives.
• Handling, loading and quality testing of the finished product
• Operation of the bale line equipment and the quality testing of the finished product
• Labor intensive tasks in hot and humid conditions requiring a high level of physical effort
• Clean up throughout the business unit
• High School Diploma or GED
• Valid driver’s license (GDL removed) with an acceptable driving history
• Good communication skills
• Self-motivated individual who works well in a team environment
Please forward your resume in confidence. This position will be considered open until filled.
Successful external applicants must provide government issued proof of full vaccination for COVID-19 as a condition of employment. Proof of vaccination for COVID-19 will be requested upon acceptance of an offer of employment. Please note that for Alberta residents, only the government issued QR code is accepted as proof of vaccination.
Alberta-Pacific Forest Industries Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from all qualified individuals. We wish to express our thanks to all applicants for their interest and effort in applying for the position; however, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.