Alberta-Pacific Forest Industries Inc. (Al-Pac) is seeking a highly motivated, enthusiastic and supportive team player for the role of Operating Technician in the Fibreline Business Unit.
Al-Pac is the largest single-line Kraft pulp producer in North America and we are continuously investigating new and innovative ideas, while delivering premium products in an environmentally sustainable way.
This is a full-time, permanent position located at our mill site near Athabasca, Alberta. The successful candidates will receive a competitive annual salary including paid pension and matching RRSP program, 4-week’s annual vacation, company paid dental and extended health benefits, and many additional employee incentives. Relocation assistance is also available for those who need to move into the local area.
• Provide daily operational help in the Fibreline area.
• Must achieve a Level of T-6 in the required time frame as defined in the Operations Pay Scale.
• Actively participate in the SMART process and to model safe behavior on a regular basis.
• Support the continuous improvement process by actively taking part in process optimization within the team.
• Deals actively and works closely with his/her team members with all operating issues that involve safety, environment, production.
• Labor intensive tasks in hot and humid conditions requiring a high level of physical effort.
• High School Diploma or equivalent.
• Must have a valid driver’s license (GDL removed) with an acceptable driving history.
• Excellent problem-solving skills and basic knowledge of root cause analysis.
• Desire to learn new areas and experience new challenges.
• Basic computer skills (Word, Excel, Power Point).
• Complete NAIT Pulp and Paper course within three years.
Please forward your resume in confidence to email@example.com.
Please note that our current opportunities are open for applicants for a limited time.
Al-Pac is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from all qualified individuals. We wish to express our thanks to all applicants for their interest and effort in applying for this position; however, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Successful applicants must provide government issued proof of full vaccination for COVID-19 as a condition of employment. Proof of vaccination for COVID-19 will be requested upon acceptance of an offer of employment. Please note that for Alberta residents, only the government issued QR code is accepted as proof of vaccination.