Work Wild, a program within the Alberta Forest Products Association, reaches out to people who are making one of the most important choices in their lives — finding a career they love! Learn more about the program at workwild.ca. We are looking for an enthusiastic people-person to fill our Indigenous Forestry Educator position.
Job Title: Indigenous Forestry Educator
Job Type: Full Time
Salary Range: $55,000 – $60,000
Job Purpose: Reporting to the Communications Director, the Indigenous Forestry Educator implements Work Wild program objectives, which include educating Albertans on forest sector practices as well as career opportunities in Alberta’s Forest industry. The Forestry Educator will spend much of their time traveling to Indigenous communities throughout Alberta, talking to students and jobseekers about the variety of rewarding opportunities in this sustainable industry.
- Travel, both in-person and virtually, to Alberta communities to educate students and jobseekers about careers and practices in Alberta’s forest sector by:
- exhibiting at career fairs
- delivering presentations
- Engage an online audience by creating, updating, and editing web and social media content, including:
- job postings
- blog posts
- Report numbers to Communications Director
- Degree or diploma in Education, Forestry, Natural Resource Management, Environmental Sciences, Marketing, Communications, or Native Studies
- Experience with youth and public speaking
- Experience working with Indigenous communities is considered an asset
- Working knowledge of WordPress, Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, and Prezi
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Keen attention to detail and accuracy in written communications
- Highly organized; able to juggle multiple projects concurrently
- Ability to work independently, often in remote areas
- Valid Class 5 Driver’s License
To Apply: Send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.