At Weyerhaeuser, our focus is as much on building our people as building the business. Weyerhaeuser is committed to creating an environment where individuals can flourish, where diversity is encouraged and where community is supported. Weyerhaeuser is one of the premier integrated forest organizations in the world.
The expectations of this position include:
- General clean-up and spark watch duties; daily cleanup of wood debris accumulation to increase reliability and decrease the risk of fire/explosion hazards.
- The general use of applicable hands tools, air wands, brooms, shovels, air chisels, etc. Operation of a Skid Steer Loader and Chainsaws when required.
- Hot Work preparation and Monitoring
- Lockouts as required
- Working a modified compressed schedule, Monday through Sunday, 12-hour shifts, with flexibility for some overtime.
- Operate mill equipment as required
- Assisting in operational PM task
- Flexibility to meet the changing needs within the business
- Behaviour consistent with the Safety Vision and Policy and the Site Principles.
- Ability to meet all Team Norms and Standards with a clear focus on active participation in the Safety Program.
- Able to perform clean up tasks
- Strong interpersonal, listening and communication skills (verbal & written).
- Ability to prioritize and learn quickly.
- Previous experience in a lumber mill is a definite asset.
- Physically able to perform the role
- Demonstrated positive leadership capability
- Aptitude for and experience in equipment operations
- Ability to work as a team and independently
This position is casual only with no guaranteed hours weekly.
Applicants are requested to submit the following prior to the closing date: January 15th, 2022
- A brief resume outlining your past assignments, education, background skills
- A cover letter explaining why you are interested in this role.
- List of reference checks
We’ve been delivering quality building products and solutions to our customers for more than 100 years. From builders and dealers to specifiers and homeowners, we offer exceptional product performance and unparalleled support.
For more than a century, we’ve been building our reputation as a leader in sustainable wood products.
Weyerhaeuser is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to taking affirmative action to employ and advance in employment women, minorities, qualified individuals with disabilities and protected veterans.