Alberta-Pacific Forest Industries Inc. (Al-Pac) is seeking two highly motivated and enthusiastic team players for the role of Operations Accountant.
Al-Pac is the largest single-line kraft pulp producer in North America and we are continuously investigating new and innovative ideas while delivering premium products in an environmentally sustainable way.
This is a full-time, long-term non-permanent position for 13 months located at our mill near Athabasca, Alberta. The successful candidate will receive a competitive annual salary including paid pension and matching RRSP program, 4-weeks of annual vacation, company paid dental and extended health benefits and many additional employee incentives.
The Operations Accountant will manage financial accounts by preparing accurate and timely financial reports, statements, and month and year-end processes. This position will assist operational divisions with budgeting, forecasting, and long-term planning, including capital projects.
- Financial Management & Control
- Preparation of month-end and year-end journal entries and reconciliations. Preparation of year-end working papers. Assist operational divisions with budgeting, forecasting, and long-term planning.
- Data Collection & Analysis
- Perform financial analysis and special projects.
- Financial Reporting
- Contribute to the preparation of various data and analytics reports, including the preparation of monthly cost reports.
- Information & Business Advice
- Respond to inquiries by providing information and advice on financial processes and related policies. Assist operational divisions with capital projects approval process.
- Financial Policies
- Review/update accounting policies and procedures.
- Operational Compliance
- Identify instances of non-compliance with the organization’s policies and procedures and/or relevant regulatory codes and codes of conduct, reporting these and escalating issues as appropriate.
Education & Experience
- Minimum post-secondary degree in a related field (Business Management, Finance or Accounting)
- CPA/CMA designation preferred
- Working knowledge of the forest industry is an asset
Knowledge & Skills
- Advance skills in Microsoft Excel.
- Excellent knowledge of Internal Controls.
- Ensures Accountability
- Manages Complexity
- Communicates Effectively
- Business Insight
- Financial Acumen
- Plans & Aligns Work
Successful applicants are required to provide acceptable evidence of being fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of employment. To be fully vaccinated, the successful applicant must demonstrate that they have received all required doses of a COVID-19 vaccine, completed the requisite waiting period for achieving maximum immunity, and received any future booster shots as approved and recommended by the Government of Canada and Alberta Health Services (AHS). Proof of vaccination must be in the form of a government-issued QR code and will be requested upon acceptance of an offer of employment.
Please forward your resume in confidence to firstname.lastname@example.org. This position will be considered open until filled.
Al-Pac is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from all qualified individuals. We wish to express our thanks to all applicants for their interest and effort in applying for this position; however, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.