Alberta-Pacific Forest Industries Inc. (Al-Pac) is seeking a highly motivated, enthusiastic, and supportive team player for the role of Dispatcher in the Woodlands Transportation Business Unit.
This is a casual, non-permanent position working on an as-needed basis. This role will be coverage for a shift position, working days and nights, and is located at our Mill Site.
Al-Pac is the largest single-line kraft pulp producer in North America and continues to branch out beyond the traditional pulp market. We strive to be leaders in everything we do.
The Dispatcher is responsible for the effective coordination of a fleet of drivers and vehicles for the Woodlands Transportation Business Unit. This position serves as the first point of contact for drivers regarding deliveries and safety concerns and ensures the continuity of day-to-day dispatch operations. The Woodlands team is looking for a reliable individual with strong communication and interpersonal skills and the ability to troubleshoot and problem-solve effectively.
• Supervision and compliance monitoring of all deliveries
• Dispatching trucks and coordinating log haul schedules using computer-based applications
• Monitoring safety compliance
• Enforcement of Woodlands Log Haul Policies and procedures and applicable transportation regulations
• Assist in Emergency Response for Woodlands activities
• Administrative duties and data entry
• Liaise with multiple internal and external stakeholders for transportation-related activities
• High School Diploma
• Valid driver’s license
• 1+ years of dispatching, call-center, or similar experience is an asset
• Knowledgeable in the transportation industry is an asset
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
• Demonstrated competence with multiple computer systems (Microsoft Office)
• Self-motivated individual who works well in a team environment
• Strong troubleshooting, analytical, and multi-tasking skills
• Ability to do physical labor and other strenuous physical tasks in all weather conditions
Successful applicants are required to provide acceptable evidence of being fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of employment. To be fully vaccinated, the successful applicant must demonstrate that they have received all required doses of a COVID-19 vaccine, completed the requisite waiting period for achieving maximum immunity, and received any future booster shots as approved and recommended by the Government of Canada and Alberta Health Services (AHS). Proof of vaccination must be in the form of a government-issued QR code and will be requested upon acceptance of an offer of employment.
Please forward your resume in confidence to firstname.lastname@example.org. This position will be considered open until filled.
Al-Pac is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from all qualified individuals. We wish to express our thanks to all applicants for their interest and effort in applying for this position; however, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.