Alberta-Pacific Forest Industries Inc. (Al-Pac) is seeking a highly motivated, enthusiastic, and supportive team player for the role of Shutdown Recruiter. The Shutdown Recruiter will be responsible for developing and implementing recruitment, onboarding, and orientation programs for our annual shutdown tank watch and gate hire personnel.
This is a full-time, 5-month contract position running from January- May 2022. The position will be located at our mill site near Athabasca, Alberta and general working hours are Monday- Thursday, 7:00 am – 5:00 pm.
- Recruitment – Analyze the requirements of a job, attract candidates by using sources such
as databases and social media, and screen and select applicants. Source, attract, interview,
and filter candidates for various shutdown positions
- Employee Onboarding & Orientation – Develop and maintain onboarding, orientation and
offboarding processes to ensure the team member experience is consistent with the
organization’s brand and values
- Stakeholder Engagement – Assist with stakeholder engagement by arranging actions,
meetings, and supporting materials to promote stakeholder understanding and commitment
Education & Experience:
- 1-3 years experience as a full-cycle recruiter, the experience of shutdown recruitment is an
- Current knowledge of effective recruitment, onboarding, and orientation strategies, tools,
- Knowledge of a variety of assessment and selection tools
- A post-secondary degree in a related field (Business, HR Management, etc.) is an asset
- Professional designation is an asset
- Experience in a forestry, manufacturing environment, or commodity industry is an asset
- Experience working in high-volume recruitment settings where organizing skills and tools are
- Communicates Effectively
- Business Insight Plans & Aligns
- Ensures Accountability
- Interpersonal Savvy
- Attracts Top Talent
- Decision Quality
- Customer Focus
Please forward your resume in confidence to email@example.com. This is open until considered filled.
Al-Pac is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from all qualified individuals. We wish to express our thanks to all applicants for their interest and effort in applying for this position; however, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.