Alberta-Pacific Forest Industries Inc. (Al-Pac) is seeking a highly motivated, enthusiastic, and supportive team player for the role of Electrician & Instrumentation Maintenance Technician.
This is a full-time and permanent position working Monday-Thursday at our mill site near Athabasca, AB. It is expected that the successful candidate will relocate to the local area.
The successful candidate will receive a competitive annual salary, including a paid pension and matching RRSP program, four weeks of annual vacation, company-paid dental and extended health benefits, with many additional employee incentives. Relocation assistance is also available for those who will need to move to the local area.
Al-Pac is the largest single-line kraft pulp producer in North America and we are continuously investigating new and innovative ideas while delivering premium products in an environmentally sustainable way.
- Perform Electrical/Instrument installations
- Troubleshoot and perform maintenance on electrical and instrumentation systems
- Work on 13.8kv generation and power distribution systems
- Work and perform tasks in a safe manner
- Provide assistance and support to other trades team members to ensure maximum equipment availability; liaise with Operations team members
- Assist in troubleshooting and resolution of maintenance concerns
- Participate in the planning and executing of Electrical/instrumentation installations
- The ability to read Electrical drawings and create material take-off list
- Maintain work records; assist to keep work areas clean
- Commitment to quality and continuous improvement
- Commitment to developing and maintaining technical knowledge
- Must hold an Alberta or Interprovincial Journeyman Electrician certificate and Journeyman Instrumentation certificate with a minimum of 4 years experience in an industrial maintenance setting
- Experience in Power generation distribution would be an asset
- Must hold a valid driver’s license (GDL removed) with an acceptable driving history in accordance with Management Guide Policy 6.10
- Knowledge & understanding of the Electrical Code C22.1-18
Skills & Abilities:
- Provide direction to other team members/contractors be a motivated, self-starter team player with good interpersonal and communication skills
- Must be comfortable working from heights
- Must be able to work shift
- Understanding of Programmable Logic Controllers and Digital Control Systems
- Maintain maintenance records on all calibrations and update data sheets
Please forward your resume in confidence to firstname.lastname@example.org. This position will be considered open until filled.
Al-Pac is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from all qualified individuals. We wish to express our thanks to all applicants for their interest and effort in applying for this position; however, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.