Alberta-Pacific Forest Industries Inc. (Al-Pac) is seeking a highly motivated, enthusiastic, and supportive team player for the role of Communications Advisor.
Due to COVID-19, the successful candidate is likely to commence working remotely until restrictions lift and then will be located in St. Albert, Alberta.
This is a full-time, permanent position located at our St. Albert office. The successful candidate will receive a competitive annual salary including paid pension and matching RRSP program, 4-weeks annual vacation, company paid dental and extended health benefits and many additional employee incentives. Relocation assistance is also available for those who will need to move into the local area.
The Communications Advisor will implement the annual communications plans that support Al-Pac’s corporate strategy, business units, corporate social responsibility initiatives, and organizational change management. The Communications Advisor will work with the Communications Specialist to collaborate with internal clients to deliver high-quality corporate communications products. A key part of the role will be supporting the implementation of a social media strategy and monitoring metrics to measure and report on Al-Pac’s online activity, as well as media monitoring, implementing website content updates, and developing content for the company’s weekly newsletter.
• Internal & External Communications – Work with the Communications Specialist to develop communications products that support Al-Pac’s corporate strategy, business units, corporate social responsibility initiatives, and organizational change management.
• Content Creation – Draft and design professional communications materials for Al-Pac for print and digital platforms. Research and write high-quality content for presentations, website, newsletters, corporate announcements, press releases, and other communications
materials with an eye for meticulous technical detail. Ensure all communications materials meet Al-Pac’s standards, brand identity, and style guide.
• Client Relationship Management – Work with the Communications Specialist to collaborate with internal clients on communications projects, as well as develop and design high-quality content for both print and digital platforms. Build effective working relationships with stakeholders and provide consistent professional services.
• Social Media Strategy – Support the development of and implement Al-Pac’s social media strategy, including content plans. Monitor the company’s social media pages and online presence. Develop metrics to measure and report on online activity.
- Ensures Accountability
- Communicates Effectively
- Situational Adaptability
- Customer Focus
Education & Experience:
- Post-secondary degree in Communications, Public Relations, or in another related field.
- A membership with the International Association of Business Communications (IABC) or the Canadian Public Relations Society (CPRS) is considered an asset.
- 2-3 years relevant experience in corporate communications with knowledge of best practices in corporate and public communications for diverse audiences
- Experience with professional writing, print and digital design, social media, as well as video or mobile development and editing, graphic design and creation of professional communications materials
- Highly computer literate with experience using MS Office, graphic design programs (i.e., Adobe InDesign), web design programs, and communications tools
- Experience in developing and interpreting media analytics
- Must hold a valid Alberta Driver’s License.
Please forward your resume in confidence to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Al-Pac is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from all qualified individuals. We wish to express our thanks to all applicants for their interest and effort in applying for this position; however, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.