Alberta-Pacific Forest Industries Inc. (Al-Pac) is seeking a highly motivated, enthusiastic, and supportive team player for the role of Payroll / HR Analyst.
This is a short-term, non-permanent (8-month contract) position located at our mill site location near Athabasca, Alberta.
The Payroll / HR Analyst implements or performs a variety of HR, payroll, and HRIS administrative processes and tasks. Often handles sensitive employee and company information, which requires that they maintain a high level of professionalism and confidentiality.
- Payroll Administration & Review – Review and check payrolls for accuracy prior to submission, acting as the back-up to deliver accurate and timely processing of payroll. Input and maintain payroll data when required, prepare complex manual payments, and complete financial reconciliations
- Employee Onboarding and Offboarding – Initiate and monitor the administration of onboarding and offboarding processes, completing benefits onboarding/orientation
- Reports & Document Preparation – Organize and prepare complex documents using a variety of applications particularly MS excel. Also responsible for gathering and summarizing data for HR reports
- Information and Business Advice – Resolve queries by providing information on payroll, HR and benefits processes, and related policies
Education & Experience:
- High School / FE College (2 A Levels)
- Payroll Certification PCP or CPM is required
- 3 to 6 years of experience in payroll and benefits processing and auditing
- Solid experience with payroll and HR information systems
- Intermediate level use of MS Excel is required
- Must have a valid driver’s license with an acceptable driving history
Please forward all resumes in confidence to firstname.lastname@example.org. This position will be considered open until filled.
Alberta-Pacific Forest Industries Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from all qualified individuals. We wish to express our thanks to all applicants for their interest and effort in applying for the position; however, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.