Alberta-Pacific Forest Industries Inc. (Al-Pac) is seeking a highly motivated, enthusiastic, and supportive team player for the role of Supply Chain Coordinator in the Sales & Logistics business unit.
This is a full-time, non-permanent position for 24 months. The role is located in our St. Albert office. The successful candidate will receive a competitive annual salary including paid pension and matching RRSP program, 4-week’s annual vacation, company paid dental and extended health benefits, and many additional employee incentives.
Al-Pac is the largest single-line kraft pulp producer in North America and continues to branch out beyond the traditional pulp market. We strive to be leaders in everything we do. This is a dynamic and varied position, providing project support for Al-Pac’s ERP solution implementation in addition to coverage across various roles as required in the Sales & Logistics Business Unit.
Transportation & Distribution
- Communicate and coordinate with production, 3PL’s, and supply chain vendors to ensure customer orders are transported and distributed in a profitable and customer-centric manner
- Conduct physical inventories, cycle counts, asset validations and reconciliation procedures to ensure accuracy of inventory
External Stakeholder Relations
- Maintain and be involved with strategic relationships to leverage Al-Pac’s customer value proposition and premium brand
- Support fair and transparent negotiations to optimize shipping lanes, obtain cost certainty, and gain favourable terms and conditions
- Coordinate inventory and vessels based on sales and production forecasts to meet customer demands and manage costs/targets
- Implement contingency plans for unplanned business disruptions to minimize adverse impacts
Documentation & Processes
- Support systems, processes, workflow, and tools to ensure uninterrupted and cost-effective delivery to customers
- Coordinate documentation requirements to ensure a free flow of products in a timely and error free manner
- Implement shipping terms, insurance terms, etc.
Negotiating & Contracting
- Recommend terms and conditions to ensure optimized supply chain (e.g. costs, reliability, etc.) of getting product to customers
Insights & Reporting
- Utilize market information, and resources to engage with all stakeholders to capitalize on planned and unplanned market or industry events and trends
- Compile data to support negotiating positions
- Compile data and support the team in meeting the key performance indicators to report on the success of Logistics
- Collect and analyze data of innovative approaches to optimize the supply chain to create new solutions and opportunities and reduce costs without sacrificing customer care
- Understand vendor systems to leverage opportunities to create efficiencies and improve customer service
- Develop and maintain a network of traditional and non-traditional contacts to enhance innovation
Internal Stakeholder Relations
- Engage with internal stakeholders to maintain and grow knowledge sharing between departments to build cohesive internal relations to eliminate redundancies and create efficiencies
- Engage with internal and external auditors and ensure Team members have documents required to answer the inquiries
Qualifications & Experience:
- Diploma or Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Supply Chain Management, Logistics or a related field (or demonstrable equivalent work experience)
- CITT – Certified Logistics Professional designation preferred
- 3+ years of work experience in Logistics, Sales Coordination, or Supply Chain Management
- Experience working in a CRM (or transportation) information system or ERP
- Experience in inventory planning/management, supply chain concepts, and related methodologies
- Considered an asset – Experience working with internal and external auditors, and understanding of the pulp market
Knowledge & Skills:
- Strong computer skills (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Access)
- Knowledge and understanding of supply chains: including, but not limited to carriers such as railways, trucking, and shipping
- Emotional intelligence and integrity to deliver customer-centric solutions
- Resilience to drive sustainable business success
- Communicative, a persuasive and articulate speaker, writer, and presenter
- Ability to establish and maintain strong relationships (internally and externally)
- Strong data collection, analysis, and insight skills
- Able to travel, typical 10+% within North America
- Ability to work remotely due to Covid-19 working restrictions
Please forward your resume in confidence to email@example.com. This position will be considered open until filled.
Al-Pac is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from all qualified individuals. We wish to express our thanks to all applicants for their interest and effort in applying for this position; however, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.