Alberta-Pacific Forest Industries Inc. (Al-Pac) is seeking a highly motivated, enthusiastic, and supportive team player for the role of MRS Instrumentation Technician.
This is a full-time and permanent position working Monday-Thursday at our mill site near Athabasca, AB. It is expected that the successful candidate will relocate to the local area.
The successful candidate will receive a competitive annual salary, including a paid pension and matching RRSP program, four-weeks of annual vacation, the company paid dental and extended health benefits, with many additional employee incentives. Relocation assistance is also available for those who will need to move to the local area.
- Perform Instrument installations and preventive maintenance tasks
- Work and perform tasks in a safe manner
- Provide assistance and support to other trades team members to ensure maximum equipment availability; liaise with Operations team members.
- Assist in troubleshooting and resolution of maintenance concerns
- Participate in the planning and executing of Electrical/instrumentation installations
- Demonstrate the ability to read Electrical drawings and create a material take-off list
- Maintain work records; assist to keep work areas clean
- Commitment to quality and continuous improvement
- Commitment to developing and maintaining technical knowledge
- Assist in resolving process control issues
- Maintain maintenance records on all calibrations and update data sheets
- Utilize Maintenance Management systems (APM)
- Install, calibrate, repair, and maintain process control field instrumentation
- Preferred Instrument Technologist with an Alberta or Interprovincial Journeyman Instrument ticket.
- Minimum of 3 years experience in a Pulp Mill and/or an industrial setting
- Journeymen Electrical certificate would be an asset
- Must hold a valid driver’s license (GDL removed) with an acceptable driving history in accordance with Management Guide Policy 6.10
Skills & Abilities:
- Provide direction to other team members/contractors
- Read & interpret electrical drawings
- Good understanding of Analyzer troubleshooting and PM’s
- Be a motivated, self-starting team player with good interpersonal and communication skills
- Good understanding of pneumatic controls and field devices
- Must be comfortable working from heights
- Excellent problem-solving abilities
- Demonstrated Process troubleshooting skillset.
Please forward your resume in confidence to email@example.com. This position will be considered open until filled.
Al-Pac is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from all qualified individuals. We wish to express our thanks to all applicants for their interest and effort in applying for this position; however, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted