Alberta-Pacific Forest Industries Inc. (Al-Pac) is seeking a highly motivated, enthusiastic and supportive team player for the role of Risk Assurance & Advisory Services Specialist.
This is a full-time permanent position located at our St. Albert Office. The successful candidate will receive a competitive annual salary including paid pension and matching RRSP program, 4-week’s annual vacation, company paid dental and extended health benefits, with many additional employee incentives
Internal audit financial or operational reviews/audit responsibilities include:
- Providing independent, objective assurance and consulting services designed to add value and improve the company operations
- Designing, planning and completing reviews of operations, processes and controls
- Interacting with senior management and discussing findings and recommendations from reviews/audits
- Maintaining the credibility of the Internal Audit function by performing work in accordance with the Institute of Internal Auditors (IIA) International Professional Standards
- Building positive working relationships with stakeholders
J-SOX internal controls responsibilities include:
- Reviewing company level controls, financial close and reporting process controls, process level controls (business process, ITAC and ITGC)
- Evaluating design effectiveness and process-level internal controls – conducting risk assessments and identifying controls in place to mitigate identified risk
- Maintaining updated documentation including risk control matrices (RCM’s) / procedural write-ups (narratives) / Risk Control Matrices / Flowcharts / checklists
- Controls testing, identifying control gaps and recommending remediation for deficiencies
- Researching new or technical subjects when required to support the internal controls work
- Recognized accounting designation
- CIA/CISA designation would be an asset
- Minimum of 3 years’ progressive experience in public accounting
- Excellent knowledge and understanding of best practices in auditing and internal controls
- Strong IFRS knowledge
- Experience in a highly computerized manufacturing environment
- Self-motivated with strong attention to detail
- Extensive travel will be required to the millsite in Boyle, Alberta
Please forward your resume in confidence to firstname.lastname@example.org by January 17, 2021.
Al-Pac is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from all qualified individuals. We wish to express our thanks to all applicants for their interest and effort in applying for this position; however, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.