Alberta-Pacific Forest Industries Inc. (Al-Pac) is seeking a highly motivated, enthusiastic and supportive team player for the role of Woodlands Operations Team Lead.
Reporting to the Woodlands Strategy & Operations Business Unit Leader, the Woodlands Operations Team Lead is responsible for the procurement and delivery of quality logs to meet mill requirements, on time and on budget. This role is also responsible for managing and coordinating all daily team operations. This is a permanent position located at our mill site location near Athabasca, Alberta.
- Responsible for the procurement and delivery of quality logs to meet mill requirements, on time and on budget.
- Lead and manage the daily operations of the team.
- Coordinate the supervision of logging, road construction, reclamation, road maintenance contracts.
- Contribute, perform and be accountable for team cost expectations while supporting safety, quality, production, community and environmental objectives.
- Liaise with internal and external stakeholders, and promote local aboriginal initiatives.
Education & Experience
- B.Sc. in Forestry or diploma from a recognized forestry school.
- Minimum of 7 years’ applicable Woodlands experience.
- Must be eligible to register as a professional forester in Alberta.
- Valid Class 5 driver’s license (not probationary GDL).
Knowledge & Skills
- Strong operational background in forest operations and log hauling
- Self-motivated individual who works well within a team environment.
- Strong leadership, problem solving and conflict resolution skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Genuine desire to support a new approach to forest management.
- Communication & Collaboration
- Leadership Skills
- Decision Making & Judgement
- Analytical Thinking & Problem Solving
Please forward your resume in confidence to email@example.com
Al-Pac is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from all qualified individuals. We wish to express our thanks to all applicants for their interest and effort in applying for this position; however, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.