Tolko is seeking multiple highly motivated students for exciting 4 month summer positions within our BC and Prairie Woodlands divisions. Under the supervision of forestry professionals, students will have the opportunity to work at one of our locations across Western Canada, gaining hands-on experience in: operations, development, reforestation or harvesting.
- BC: Williams Lake, Vernon
- Alberta: High Level, High Prairie, Slave Lake
- Saskatchewan: Meadow Lake, Prince Albert
- Must have a valid class 5 driver’s license (no restrictions) before May start date
- Must have a strong work ethic and love working outdoors
- Enrolled in a Forestry related post-secondary degree or technical program
- Prior forestry experience is considered an asset
- Must be available to commence work in May 2021
With state-of-the-art operations across western Canada, Tolko is a leading manufacturer of a wide range of forest products for customers around the world. For over 60 years, our family-owned company has been recognized by our customers and business partners for being reliable, flexible, efficient and offering quality products. With the third generation of family leadership, we’re continuing that legacy today in our divisions throughout western Canada and joint ventures in the Southern United States.
At Tolko, our values, vision and mission aren’t just what we believe. They’re how we work, live and serve our customers every day. Fundamental to our success is a committed workforce that thrives on change, building relationships, and a drive toward excellence.
We are committed to the well-being of future generations through responsible operational and environmental performance. This commitment applies to all aspects of our business. We hold third-party certification on the forestlands that we sustainably manage in BC, Alberta and Saskatchewan. And, through our community investment strategy, we strive to play an active and constructive role in the communities where we live and work. Whether we’re providing jobs, volunteering or giving through donations, we work to make our communities stronger and more vibrant through active participation.
When you join Tolko, you’re saying yes to a company that has been built on integrity, respect, and provides employees with the inclusive environment, support and opportunity they need to build great lives. We’re more than an industry leader. We’re the place where you succeed as our most valuable resource!
- An unyielding commitment to your personal safety
- Competitive pay and exceptional benefits
- The opportunity to work with the best and brightest in the industry
- Diverse opportunities
- An open, innovative culture
- A positive, dynamic work environment
- Technical and leadership training to ensure you work successfully and safely
- The chance to live (and play) where you work
If this position sounds like a fit for you, we’d love to hear from you! Applications will be accepted at www.tolko.com until October 18, 2020.
We thank all candidates for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.