West Fraser is a leading forest products company in North America. Recognized for the seventh time as one of Canada’s Top 100 Employers, we continue to grow. Our goals are straightforward – excellence in people, responsibility in communities in which we live, challenge, and growth.
Our Hinton Pulp Division is seeking individuals with strong leadership, organizational and interpersonal skills to fill the following position:
DAY LABOURER (TEMPORARY)
This is an excellent opportunity to gain exposure to our business. The successful candidate will perform clean–up duties in the Fibre Site Services area. This includes chip and hog galleys, all associated conveyors, buildings, yards and material piles. Responsibilities also include cleaning railway crossings and switches, tank watch, fire watch and other duties as required.
The successful candidate will have:
- A Grade 12 Diploma from a recognized Canadian institution and have reached the age of legal majority in Alberta
- Experience in a computerized industrial environment
- Candidates must prove they have a Class 5 license or Class 5 Graduated Driver’s license, with the ability to progress to a Class 3 license
- Flexible schedule, capable of working four on, four off shift work as you move up in the line of progression
- The ability to excel while working independently, or in a team
- The desire to work safely
- High motivational and organizational skills
- Capable of performing a physically demanding job, working at heights, working with dust, and wearing a respirator
- Relevant post-secondary education is considered an asset
- Have the desire to learn, grow, and succeed
- Embody the West Fraser traits of integrity, humility, teamwork, frugality, innovation, competitiveness, and respect
Our employees drive our success. We believe in providing opportunities for growth and advancement and are looking for someone who wants to build their career in our Company. Hinton Pulp offers a stable, rewarding career with competitive wages, an attractive benefits package, and a defined pension plan.
We are located in Hinton, Alberta, 20 minutes east of Jasper National Park, and 2½ hours west of Edmonton. Hinton, set amidst the stunning scenery of the Alberta Rockies, is a modern community of 10,000 offering terrific lifestyles for individuals and families.
Our region is an outdoor enthusiast’s paradise, with exciting activities from skiing, snowmobiling, camping, hiking, fishing, hunting, and ATV trails. Hinton features a full-service acute care hospital, major retail and restaurant chains, community parks and pools, and educational institutions for pre-school through to post-secondary. To learn more, visit the Town of Hinton Web site: www.hinton.ca.
Interested applicants should apply online by sending their resume, cover letter, and transcripts/proof of qualifications in confidence. To apply, click on our job ad at www.westfraser.com/jobs and then click “apply now” in green at the top of the page.
We thank all candidates for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone enquiries please.