West Fraser is a leading forest products company in North America. Recognized for the seventh time as one of Canada’s Top 100 Employers, we continue to grow. Our goals are straightforward – excellence in people, responsibility in communities in which we live, challenge, and growth.
Our Hinton Pulp Division is seeking individuals with strong technical and interpersonal skills to fill the positions of:
PULP MILL OPERATOR
Successful applicants will be assigned to one of three departments based on organizational requirements and job vacancies: the Machine Room, Fibreline, or Power & Recovery. All three departments are critical to mill production. Duties in these departments are similar, and include departmental tours/testing rounds, working with console operators to troubleshoot in the field, actively participating in our safety culture, and basic housekeeping.
- A rewarding opportunity to utilize and grow your technical and mechanical skills
- A long term, stable career
- Training and advancement opportunities
- An attractive four on/four off shift schedule
- Competitive wages, benefits package and defined pension plan
- Applicants must have a Grade 12 Diploma (or GED) from a recognized Canadian institution, a valid class 5 driver’s license, have reached the age of legal majority in Alberta, and possess:
- High school graduation including successful completion of two of the following three subjects: Chemistry 20, Math 20-2, or Physics 20, OR post-secondary education completion of equivalent courses
As part of the recruitment process, applicants must submit proof of educational requirements (transcripts) along with their resume. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
Our employees drive our success. We believe in providing opportunities for growth and advancement and are looking for someone who wants to build their career in our company. In addition to competitive wages and benefits, Hinton Pulp offers a stable, rewarding career. Hinton Pulp also offers an attractive relocation package.
We are located in Hinton, Alberta, 20 minutes east of Jasper National Park, and 2½ hours west of Edmonton. Hinton, set amidst the stunning scenery of the Alberta Rockies, is a modern community of 10,000 offering terrific lifestyles for individuals and families.
Our region is an outdoor enthusiast’s paradise, with exciting activities from skiing, snowmobiling, camping, hiking, fishing, hunting, and ATV’s. Hinton features a full-service acute care hospital, major retail and restaurant chains, community parks and pools, educational institutions for pre-school through post-secondary. To learn more, visit the Town of Hinton Web site: www.hinton.ca.
Interested applicants should apply online by sending their resume, cover letter, and transcripts/proof of qualifications in confidence. To apply, click on our job ad at www.westfraser.com/jobs and then click “apply now” in green at the top of the page.
We thank all candidates for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone enquiries please.