West Fraser is a leading diversified North American forest products company. We are listed on the TSX and recognized for the seventh time, as one of Canada’s Top 100 Employers and one of Canada’s Best Employers for Recent Graduates. Are you interested in working for a company that offers both a challenging work environment and a rewarding career path? We are a growing Company looking for talented people to be part of our team. West Fraser’s Hinton Wood Products division has an opportunity for a highly skilled:
Reporting directly to the Head Filer, the successful candidate will be an integral part of the Saw Filing Department. Higher consideration will be granted to those who have previous experience in a sawmill, planer mill or with forest products.
- Maintenance of work place and saw filing safety
- Achieving production targets
- Inspecting, maintaining, and calibrating precision equipment
- Adherence to filing shop quality control standards
- Troubleshooting and examining saws for defects
- Management of saw box water and lubrication
Position requirements include:
- Ability to work in a team environment or independently with little supervision
- Experience benching round saws and band saws (e.g. repairing, tensioning, leveling, tipping, sharpening)
- Knowledge of functionality, maintenance, and alignment associated with a Canter, Band Rig, Trim Saw, Gang Saws, Edgers, and Chippers
- Ability to service and supervise all aspects of saw maintenance
- Understanding of preventative maintenance processes related to saw shop and sawmill machinery
- Technical understanding of the manufacturing and servicing of saws, guides, and chipping knifes
- Schedule flexibility – as work will require day, evening, and weekend shifts
- Preference will be given to a Valid Inter-Provincial or Provincial Journeyperson Saw Filer certification
West Fraser believes strongly in promoting from within and we are looking for an individual who is interested in a full-time, long-term career. The successful candidate should be interested in future growth opportunities within the company. We offer an excellent compensation package including excellent benefits and an outstanding pension plan.
This position is based out of Hinton, Alberta, 20 minutes east of Jasper National Park and 2.5 hours west of Edmonton, Alberta. Set amidst the stunning scenery of the Alberta Rockies, the Hinton/Edson Woodlands team supports sawmills in Hinton and Edson as well as a pulp mill in Hinton. The Hinton operation has been proudly practicing sustainable forest management for over 60 years on its local forest tenure. Hinton is a community of 10,000 offering terrific lifestyles for individuals and families. To learn more, visit the Town of Hinton website: www.town.hinton.ab.ca.
If this position sounds like the career for you, apply at www.westfraser.com/jobs and click on the green “apply now” at the top of the page.
For more information on West Fraser and our current opportunities, visit our website at: www.westfraser.com/jobs
We thank all candidates for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.