The Log Payment Team is responsible for processing bi-monthly settlements to pay our logging and haul contractors and log suppliers. This team is also responsible to invoice customers for log deliveries, collect and apply accounts receivable, and pay provincial governments. This is a fast-paced department, where accuracy and quick turn-around times are required. The role includes tasks such as:
- Processing pay and ensuring vendors are paid within time limits
- Adding new vendors into our systems
- Entering log tickets in the Log Inventory Management System (LIMS).
- Collecting receivables and applying to customer accounts
- Reconciliation of variances regarding pay or receivables
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor
- Excellent critical thinking skills are a must. You will work closely with the site Timberlands teams as well as contractors and customers.
- Must be able to manage a heavy volume of emails and phone calls from internal and external customers.
- The ability to multi-task is essential. Will routinely use Microsoft Office applications, as well as LIMS and SAP.
- Highly motivated self-starter who performs well in a team environment, providing a high degree of customer service
- Critical thinker with strong problem-solving skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Exceptional communication skills (listening, written, verbal)
- Able to handle multiple priorities and takes pride in accuracy and quality of work
- Proficient computer skills (Microsoft Office Applications)
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Strong positive work ethic, excellent attendance
- Ability to provide quick turn-around time and prioritize workload to meet required daily and weekly deadlines
- A high degree of initiative
- Ability to flow to work and collaborate well in a team environment
Education and Experience:
- Two years of post-secondary education in accounting/finance
- General accounts receivable and accounts payable knowledge
Relevant office experience:
- Knowledge of the timberlands and/or wood products industry is a plus
- Knowledge of LIMS and SAP is a plus
Office open if needed, currently all training and work is performed from a distance (work at home)
We sustainably manage forests and manufacture products that make the world a better place. We’re serious about safety, driven to achieve excellence and proud of what we do. With multiple business lines in locations across North America, we offer a range of exciting career opportunities for smart, talented people who are passionate about making a difference.