Listed on the TSX, West Fraser is a leading diversified North American forest products company. Recognized for the seventh time as one of Canada’s Top 100 Employers and one of Canada’s Best Employers for Recent Graduates, we continue to grow. Are you interested in working for a company that offers both a challenging work environment and a rewarding career path? Our Edson Sawmill located in Edson, Alberta has an opportunity for a:
You will be a key player in the company-wide continuous improvement effort through daily use of troubleshooting, predictive, and preventive maintenance strategies.
- Maintaining a safe work environment
- Ensuring consistent operations of all electrical equipment in the sawmill
- Verification and documenting repairs
- Monitoring product quality and providing feedback
- PLC (Programmable Logic Controller)
- Preventative maintenance
- Troubleshooting for various pieces of equipment
Our Ideal Candidate Will Have:
- Several years of experience as an Electrician
- Candidates must possess a Red Seal Certificate
- A valid Journeyman or Inter-Provincial Certification is required
- Strong organizational and communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal and team-building skills
- Demonstrated problem solving, troubleshooting and analytical skills
- Weekend and/or shift work would be required
- Valid AB driver’s license
Considered a Strong Asset:
- Previous experience working in a sawmill or an industrial environment
West Fraser is currently looking for individuals who are interested in a full-time long-term career. We offer an excellent compensation package including a competitive salary, excellent benefits, and an outstanding pension plan. Our employees can expect a challenging, stable, safe work environment with career development opportunities.
Edson is located 2 hours west of Edmonton and 2 hours east of Jasper National Park. Edson is a growing community of approximately 9,000 permanent residents and has a full range of recreational and cultural facilities. People from Edson enjoy outdoor hockey, camping, hiking, hunting, fishing, downhill and cross country skiing, curling, kayaking, golfing, and various outdoor and indoor activities. With a friendly “small town” atmosphere and some great recreational and cultural facilities, once you get a taste of living in Edson you’ll be hooked.
If this position sounds like the career for you, apply at www.westfraser.com/jobs click “apply now” in green at the top of the page.
For more information on West Fraser and our current opportunities, visit our website at www.westfraser.com/jobs.
We thank all candidates for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.