Mercer Peace River Pulp Ltd. is an integral part of the Canadian forest products industry, providing the North-West, Alberta region with approximately 300 jobs while sustainably managing the forests. A career at Mercer Peace River offers an opportunity for growth, meaningful work, and a collaborative learning environment. Throughout your career, you will be supported by a team of highly skilled professionals and provided the self-motivating environment needed to make your goals achievable.
We are currently seeking an HVAC/AC Technician in the Maintenance Department. HVAC/AC Technicians install, maintain, repair and troubleshoot, and overhaul heating and air conditioning systems and their component parts throughout the mill.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Install, maintain, repair, and troubleshoot heating ventilation and cooling units.
- Diagnose and repair the electronic, mechanical, and electrical components of heating ventilation and cooling units.
- Perform daily safety and maintenance checks on equipment.
- Ensure all tasks are being completed in the safest manner at all times utilizing PJHA’s.
- Overhaul and service air conditioning and heating units, and systems.
- Install and replace refrigerant in cooling systems, and ensure that all units are working properly.
- Repair and adjust heating systems that use natural gas, including large industrial furnaces, rooftop units, heating units, and water heaters.
- Steady progression towards achieving the highest level of tech progression within the department.
- Ensure all maintenance generated paperwork conforms to MPR procedures and external guidelines.
- Competency in reading and understanding technical documents including drawings, schematics, service manuals.
- Development, improvement, and adherence to safe work practices and procedures.
- Additional duties, as required.
Qualifications and Experience:
Candidates must possess a High School Diploma or equivalent. The successful candidate must be a Red Seal Alberta or Interprovincial Refrigeration and Air Conditioning Mechanic Journeyperson. Alberta or Interprovincial certified Red Seal Class A Gasfitter Journeyperson will be considered an asset. Five (5) years of experience working within an industrial environment as a Journeyperson will be considered an asset.
Candidates should also have:
- Strong interpersonal, organizational, decision making, and communication skills.
- Ability to be on call for weekend coverage is a requirement.
- HVAC mechanical aptitude with strong troubleshooting skills.
- Preparation and organizational skills required to effectively plan and execute assigned work.
- Independent, self-driven/directed, innovative, and safety-conscious individual.
- Demonstrated problem-solving, troubleshooting, and analytical skills.
- Pulp Mill and Industrial Maintenance experience preferred.
- Experience with Microsoft Office and a computerized maintenance management system, specifically Avantis is considered an asset