Excellent opportunity to join a dynamic and challenging organization in a position offering future growth inside the accounting and finance team. This is an intermediate level position and the ideal candidate will have worked across a variety of accounting and payroll systems in a mid-sized, privately held company.
Reporting directly to the VP Finance and Chief Financial Officer, the General Accountant will provide support to several key business functions of contractor pay and general accounting for the company with periodic vacation coverage for payroll.
Specifically, the role will be responsible for:
• Supporting role with the CFO and Operations Accountant for preparation of monthly and year-end
transactions to complete financial statements.
• Participant with Operations Accountant and CFO in the annual budgeting process.
• Weekly and monthly support to the Woodlands Administrator for the generation of monthly
woodlands contractor pay and full position coverage vacation backup as needed.
• Support and vacation coverage for the Payroll Administrator as needed.
• Completion of periodic surveys for external parties including Stats Canada and the Alberta
• Providing value-added decision support and contact person for operations personnel on
department inquiries as they relate to business spending and other matters related to the
accounting activities and reporting.
The ideal candidate will possess:
• A professional accounting designation (CPA) or be in the active pursuit of obtaining their
designation. Proof of enrollment will be required.
• Have a minimum of 3-5 years of experience in an accounting role.
• Proven payroll experience, ideally ETP and Avanti.
• Well established organizational skills.
• Excellent communication skills and a highly collaborative team player.
• Detailed and proactive approach to work.
• A strong computer skillset including fluency with advanced Excel, PowerPoint and Great Plains
• Forestry industry experience is preferred but not required.
Spray Lake Sawmills has been manufacturing forest products for over 75 years and is
independently owned and operated. We are located in beautiful Cochrane Alberta and are an
integral and active contributor to our community. We believe in continuous improvement of our
people and facilities. Check us out at www.spraylakesawmills.com or find us on Facebook.
If this position is of interest to you, please apply to firstname.lastname@example.org referencing the
General Accountant/Payroll Support position. This competition commences June 19 and
applications will be accepted until the closing date of July 6, 2020. We look forward to meeting
our next team member.