Alberta-Pacific Forest Industries Inc. (Al-Pac) is seeking a highly motivated, enthusiastic, and supportive team player for the role of Forest Resources Planning Team Lead.
- Forest Resources Planning: Liaises with third-party consultants to develop harvest plans, layout, and obtain approval for approximately 2,000,000 m3 annually. Collaborates with Government personnel to obtain plan approval and works with local quota holders to integrate plans.
- Stakeholder Relations: In collaboration with internal and external stakeholders, actively seeks out innovative solutions to multiple challenges involving various stakeholder objectives. Consults with Indigenous communities and other stakeholders.
- Woodlands Integration: Collaborates with and supports the operations, transportation, logistics, aboriginal affairs, and science & certification business units as required. Applies decision support tools to identify opportunities and support business decisions.
- Leadership & Management: Leads and manages the daily operations of the Forest Resources Operations Planning team. Oversees team cost expectations while supporting safety, quality, production, community, and environmental objectives.
- University Degree or Technical Diploma in Forestry
- Active Registered Professional Forester (RPF) or Forest Technician (RFT)
- Minimum of 5 years of operational planning and/or operations experience
- Extensive experience with Government of Alberta forestry practices
- Experience working with stakeholders (First Nations and other communities, forestry, utilities, and energy companies, Non-Government Organizations, and government agencies)
- Experience managing teams, projects, and operating budgets
Knowledge & Skills
- Understanding of First Nations culture, and expectations related to community engagement
- Project management and report writing skills
- Public speaking and presentation skills
- Understanding of legislative requirements (, Forest Management in Alberta (i.e. Public Lands Act, Forest Act, Forest and Prairie Protection Act, etc.), and the Alberta Occupational Health and Safety Act)
- Knowledge of strategic planning considered an asset
- Knowledge and experience with ArcGIS and REMSOFT systems considered an asset
- Communication & Negotiation
- Adaptability & Innovation
- Analytical Thinking & Problem Solving
- Customer Service Orientation
- Collaboration & Team Leadership
Please forward your resume in confidence to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We wish to express our thanks to all applicants for their interest and effort in applying for the position; however, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Alberta-Pacific Forest Industries Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from all qualified individuals.
Closing date for this position is May 29, 2020