Roles and Responsibilities:
- Actively participates in Owning Safety programs including the use of DATS for recording safety conversations, observations, and training.
- Operating the Loader and other equipment in a safe, productive manner.
- Ensure the highest level of safety standards and performance.
- Working with the plant operator to optimize fibre feedstocks from storage piles and barn to fibre storage.
- Completes shift pre-trip inspections on equipment, reporting any service or maintenance requirements to the Maintenance team proactively and immediately.
- Proactively assists maintenance when plant equipment is down for repairs and maintenance.
- Lead housekeeping initiatives, ensuring work areas are kept clean and organized.
- Participates in continuous improvement and quality control initiatives.
- Comply with applicable government regulations, corporate policies and environmental permits.
- Participate in cross-training in Utility and Rail Car duties and complete these duties as required and when assigned.
- Champion and follow all company policies and procedures.
- Other duties as assigned by the supervisor.
- Able to operate mobile equipment safely and efficiently.
- Can complete forms and basic checklists associated with cleanup and rail car loading.
- Adaptable to changes in work schedules or work tasks.
- Must be a team player with excellent interpersonal, analytical, problem-solving skills.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Experience in heavy industry operations an asset
- Excellent interpersonal, oral and written skills
- Good mechanical aptitude
- Valid Driver’s license
Minimum 2 years’ progressive experience in total, in heavy industry, preferably in Wood Product Manufacturing or Harvesting. Combination of education and experience will be recognized
Completed Heavy Equipment Operator course or related training from a recognized institution – will be considered an asset
Works well as a member of a group
Capable of carrying out a given task with all details necessary to get the task done well
Inspired to perform without outside help