Core Duties and Responsibilities
- Actively participates in Pinnacle’s Owning Safety culture, including the use of DATS for recording safety conversations, observations and training. Regularly sets an example and provides leadership for Owning Safety looks to contribute in all areas of the business.
- Support the leadership team when mentoring and training other employees to ensure employees are properly trained and competent complete with the appropriate documentation.
- Maintains Pinnacle’s high standards of housekeeping within the department and with the participation of all team members
- Utilizes SDS for all chemicals used in the production and ensures all employees are adequately trained on their use
- Complete all safety-related Plant Operator Development Program training requirements as required by each Level.
- Participate and communicate on the company radio’s following Pinnacle’s Radio Usage Procedure
- Maintain radio communication that is brief, clear, in a natural speaking voice and contains only essential instructions and Information.
- Active involvement in Pinnacle Meadowbank OH&S Committee.
- Providing regular and routine maintenance of machines ensuring safety, quality, productivity, and environmental policies are held to the highest standards.
- Install, maintain, inspect and repair a wide variety of electrical equipment.
- Mentor in house Electrical apprentices through their professional development.
- Work with other trades in a team environment, increasing safety, quality, efficiency, and production.
- Red Seal Certified; completed a journeyman apprenticeship in relevant trade (Electrician).
- 5 years of progressive heavy industry experience, preferably in pellet industry, particle board or fibre board industries
- PLC and HMI experience an asset
- Experience in heavy industry operations an asset
- Able to operate mobile equipment safely and efficiently.
- Ability to work independently.
- Computer proficient and familiar with work order systems.
- Adaptable to changes in work schedules or work tasks.
- Must be a team player with excellent interpersonal, analytical, problem-solving skills.
- Excellent interpersonal, oral and written skills.
- Good electrical aptitude.
- Valid Driver’s license.