What if you were given the opportunity and responsibility to make a difference? It is time to embrace your Infinite Possibilities. This is your opportunity to be part of International Paper, a Fortune 500 company and a global leader in paper and packaging products. IP is known for our commitment to the environment and to cutting-edge technology. We have spent more than 100 years creating new ideas, and we are looking for people who can collaborate to help us build on our history while creating future success. We are committed to attracting, preparing, promoting and supporting our teams. At International Paper, you control your destiny. We offer benefits, challenges, global opportunities, and total rewards. When we say Infinite Possibilities, we mean it.
RELIABILITY ENGINEER (ELECTRICAL)
The Grande Prairie Mill is seeking an Electrical Reliability Engineer. Reporting to the Reliability Manager, the position is responsible for providing assistance in problem-solving process reliability issues. We are seeking a candidate with knowledge of industrial reliability improvement methods, programs, processes, and technologies. The Electrical Reliability Engineer will support the Reliability Team and operations in the development of reliability standards and practices. Responsible for maintaining documented records of and tracking key metrics in deliberate improvement projects and results.
- Review & Revise equipment criticalities in CMMS.
- Lead RCFA investigations and identify corrective actions to address the root cause of electrical equipment failures.
- Lead refinement of the mill predictive and preventative maintenance programs
- Create detailed plans for unique complex jobs
- Conduct FMEAs
- Lead small capital reliability improvement projects from start to finish
- Develop QA/QC for critical electrical work
- IEPM Champion and Liaison with the Capital Engineering team
- Provide technical support in troubleshooting process issues and provide recommendations for repair
- Be familiar with and keep up-to-date on predictive technologies to aid in early detection of impending equipment/process failure
Position Qualifications and Skills:
The successful candidate will possess a Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering or CET with an equivalent combination of demonstrated skill and work experience. Registration with APEGA is preferred.
- personal commitment to working safely and protecting the safety of others
- minimum of 5 years’ experience in heavy industrial maintenance
- strong Electrical aptitude
- experience with PLC/DCS operations and logic
- experience with industrial motor controls, power distribution, AC and DC motors, power drives, and instrumentation
- ability & confidence to initiate actions with a sense of urgency driving for high quality, sustainable results
- familiarity with computerized maintenance management systems (SAP preferred)
- strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Must be able to wear all required safety equipment.
- Access confined space entries for RCFA investigations
- Detail Oriented
- Command Skills
- Managerial Courage
- Organizational Skills
The Grande Prairie mill was built by Procter & Gamble in 1972, purchased by Weyerhaeuser in 1992 and in 2016, International Paper acquired Weyerhaeuser’s Global Cellulose Fibers business and integrated the Grande Prairie Mill into its pulp operations.
Our pulp and paper mills are complex facilities that sustainably convert trees and/or recycled fiber into products such as boxes, sheets of paper, and fluff pulp for hygiene and other products. Hundreds of interrelated mechanical, electrical, and chemical unit processes provide unlimited opportunities to utilize a combination of technical and people skills.
We have spent more than 100 years creating new ideas, and we are looking for people who can collaborate to help us build on our history while creating future success. We are committed to attracting, preparing, promoting and supporting our teams. At International Paper, you control your destiny. We offer benefits, challenges, and total rewards. International Paper is an equal opportunity employer. Our core values are: Commitment, Ownership, Respect, and Excellence
Equal Opportunity Employer – all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veterans’ status.