What if you were given the opportunity to make a difference? It`s time to embrace your Infinite Possibilities! This is your opportunity to be a part of International Paper, a Fortune 500 company and global leader in paper and packaging products. IP is known for our commitment to the environment and cutting-edge technology. We have spent more than 100 years creating new ideas and we are looking for people who can collaborate to help us build on our history while creating future success. We are an established and expanding Global Business Services Center in Krakow. Thanks to our engaged employees and operational excellence we provide advanced services in the areas of Finance, IT, Global Sourcing, Supply Chain and Global Customer Service. You have the opportunity to contribute your unique talents as you develop a rewarding career and learn from experts in our diverse and international work environment.
There is an opening at the Grande Prairie GCF facility for a Maintenance Leader. This posting is within the maintenance department specifically responsible for the leadership of the E&I team onsite. The successful candidate will report to the Maintenance Business Unit Manager.
This is a full-time salary position. The schedule includes Monday to Friday day shift as well as the requirement to be available for after-hours consultation/reporting to the mill and weekend coverage to support a manufacturing facility operating 24 hours per day.
- Ensure that safety requirements are known and champion the creation of a culture that supports employees and contractors being able to conduct their activities safely
- Learn and become a technical resource for the unit operations and equipment within the mill.
- Lead the creation and execution of engagement activities for the employees that are assigned to an area
- Consistently apply policies for scheduling and pay
- Ensure that safety and environment practices as well as operating and maintenance procedures are up-to-date, followed and improved
- Perform leadership functions in the Manufacturing Work System processes
- Identify and support the development as well as the implementation of opportunities to improve: safety; cost and reliability in order to meet the Corporation’s expectations of year-over-year improvements
- Partner with the Operating and Maintenance Department Leaders to engage a team capable of delivering the expected area performance
- Develop a network of resources within IP that can be called upon to troubleshoot, resolve and improve area performance.
The successful candidate will have a…
- Post-secondary degree in Engineering, Wood Products, Forestry or significant experience operating/maintaining/leading unit operations of similar complexity
- Journeyman in the E&I trade
- Track record of motivating others and working across boundaries to achieve challenging goals
- Drive to lead, troubleshoot, solve problems and optimize performance.
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in a leadership role
- Planning and Coordinating Maintenance Outages
- Priority Setting
- Conflict Management
- Building Effective Teams
- Problem Solving
- Meeting Budgets
- Proficiency using computer software (MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, SAP)
International Paper is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Minorities/Females/Individuals with Disabilities/Veterans.