We are currently looking to bring on an Administrative Associate/Payroll Coordinator for our lumber mill in Grande Prairie, AB. The Administrative Associate provides expertise and support regarding hourly payroll including oversight, compliance reporting, program and policy guidance and office administrative aspects of the mill.
- Support & role-model the unit’s safety program initiatives.
- Up to 60% of the role will be dedicated to payroll compliance including auditing time entry, running reports and providing support to the Unit for hourly time processing.
- Perform a wide variety of complex administrative assignments for the Unit including training administration and record-keeping and Share Point documentation control.
- Provide HR administrative support including fielding benefit’s questions, as well as questions on our site and corporate policies and procedures.
- Maintain office supply inventory.
- Receive and sort Canada Post and deliveries daily
- Prepare materials for presentations or reports using various software applications such as Word, Excel, Access, and PowerPoint.
- Maintain records, research & gather data, and compose correspondence.
- Provides administrative & clerical support to the Unit.
- High School Diploma or General Education Degree (GED)
- Diploma or associates (2 year) degree in Business or Office Education or an equivalent program with minimum three (3) years’ experience in an administrative support position.
- Payroll experience supporting complex shift structure is preferred
- Experience within a 24/7 manufacturing operation
- Experience supporting multiple managers.
- High level of proficiency in Microsoft Office programs including Excel, Word, and Outlook.
- Strong organizational skills, a strong sense of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Team oriented, and the ability to work independently.
- Proven, proactive problem-solving approach with the ability to work in a fast-paced environment while handling varying priorities and meeting deadlines.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with the ability to work successfully with all levels of the organization.
- Ability to role model safe practices and actively support the Unit’s safety, quality and production goals
Cover letter detailing interest in Weyerhaeuser and commitment to safety, along with a resume is required.
About Weyerhaeuser: We sustainably manage forests and manufacture products that make the world a better place. We’re serious about safety, driven to achieve excellence and proud of what we do. With multiple business lines in locations across North America, we offer a range of exciting career opportunities for smart, talented people who are passionate about making a difference. We know you have a choice in your career. We want you to choose us.
About Wood Products: We’ve been delivering quality building products and solutions to our customers for more than 100 years. From builders and dealers to specifiers and homeowners, we offer exceptional product performance and unparalleled support. For more than a century, we’ve been building our reputation as a leader in sustainable wood products.
Weyerhaeuser is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to taking affirmative action to employ and advance in employment women, minorities, qualified individuals with disabilities and protected veterans.