The welder will repair and fabricate mill process components and infrastructure as required; lay-out, fit, and fabricate metal components to assemble structural forms such as machinery frames, platforms, handrails, machine guarding, and piping using knowledge of welding techniques and metallurgy. Welding will be completed using gas, arc-air, MIG, TIG, and electrode is required.
- Red Seal Interprovincial Welding Certification;
- Strong fabrication experience with demonstrated ability to repair large metal components and various infrastructure within a manufacturing environment;
- Excellent knowledge pertaining to industry-related safety programs;
- Ability to read blueprints, interpret OEM supplied maintenance information, and work to mill standards is essential;
- Resourceful, with well-rounded troubleshooting skills;
- Ability to identify different material types and chose appropriate welding techniques; knowledge of rigging procedures;
- Fabricator endorsement and millwright experience are considered an asset.
With state-of-the-art operations across western Canada, Tolko is a leading manufacturer of a wide range of forest products for customers around the world. For over 60 years, our family-owned company has been recognized by our customers and business partners for being reliable, flexible, efficient and offering quality products. With the third generation of family leadership, we’re continuing that legacy today in our divisions throughout western Canada and joint ventures in the Southern United States.
At Tolko, our values, vision, and mission aren’t just what we believe. They’re how we work, live and serve our customers every day. Fundamental to our success is a committed workforce that thrives on change, building relationships, and a drive toward excellence. We are committed to the well-being of future generations through responsible operational and environmental performance. This commitment applies to all aspects of our business. We hold third-party certification on the forestlands that we sustainably manage in BC, Alberta, and Saskatchewan. Through our community investment strategy, we strive to play an active and constructive role in the communities where we live and work. Whether we’re providing jobs, volunteering or giving through donations, we work to make our communities stronger and more vibrant through active participation.
When you join Tolko, you’re saying yes to a company that has been built on integrity, respect, and provides employees with the inclusive environment, support and opportunity they need to build great lives. We’re more than an industry leader. We’re the place where you succeed as our most valuable resource!
- An unyielding commitment to your personal safety
- Competitive pay and exceptional benefits
- The opportunity to work with the best and brightest in the industry
- Diverse opportunities
- An open, innovative culture
- A positive, dynamic work environment
- Technical and leadership training to ensure you work successfully and safely
- The chance to live (and play) where you work
A career with Tolko is more than a job- it’s pride in what you do. It’s making a difference every single day, working side-by-side with people you respect. Explore our opportunities, submit your application, and join a company that works for you, your family, and your community! If this position sounds like a fit for you, we’d love to hear from you!
Applications will be accepted at www.tolko.com until the position is filled.
We thank all candidates for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.