West Fraser is a leading diversified North American forest products company. Listed on the TSX and rated as one of Canada’s Top 100 Employers for six years, we are a growing company looking for talented people to be part of our team. Our Manning Forest Products division has an opportunity for a highly motivated:
Reporting to the Electrical Supervisor and Sawmill Maintenance Superintendent, you will be a key player in the company-wide continuous improvement effort through daily use of troubleshooting, predictive, and preventive maintenance strategies.
- Maintain a safe work environment
- Ensure consistent operations of all electrical equipment in the sawmill
- Verify and document repairs
- Monitor product quality and provide feedback
- Programmable Logic Controller (PLC) programming, control Logix
- Preventative maintenance
- Troubleshooting for various pieces of equipment
Our ideal candidate will have:
- Several years of experience as an electrician
- Candidates must possess a Red Seal Certificate
- A valid journeyman certification is required
- 3rd-year apprentices will also be considered
- Strong organizational and communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal and team-building skills
- Demonstrated problem solving, troubleshooting and analytical skills
- Weekend and/or shift work would be required
- Valid driver’s license
Considered a strong asset:
- Previous experience working in a sawmill or an industrial environment
West Fraser is currently looking for individuals who are interested in a full-time long-term career. We offer an excellent compensation package including a competitive salary, excellent benefits, and an outstanding pension plan. Our employees can expect a challenging, stable, safe work environment with career development opportunities.
Manning Forest Products is a sawmill located approximately 280 kilometers north of Grande Prairie, Alberta. The town is situated around the scenic Notikewin River that provides an idyllic backdrop for the tree-lined streets, an abundance of flower stands and pedestrian-friendly streets. Medical, educational and retail services are provided to the approximate 1400 residents along with a pool, ball diamonds, curling and hockey facilities, golf course and river walking trails. Manning is known as the land of the mighty moose and the area surrounding Manning is a paradise for hunting, fishing, quadding and snowmobiling.
For more information on West Fraser and our current opportunities, visit our website at www.westfraser.com/jobs
We thank all candidates for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.